How to nominate?
As part of the process alumni are invited to nominate candidates for the award of an Honorary Degree.
The Nominations Committee has regard to one or more of the following when considering the suitability of nominees:
- Academic or professional distinction in a field of specific interest to a department or to the University
- A significant contribution to University affairs
- Distinction achieved by people associated with York and the wider region
- Distinction achieved by our own alumni
- Distinction in a field consistent with the general ethos of universities as places of education, learning, achievement and free enquiry.
Each nomination should be accompanied by a short CV of the person(s) proposed, a brief supporting statement and a ‘Who’s Who’ entry if one is available.
Please send your nomination to Joan Concannon, Director of External Relations, University of York, Heslington, York. YO10 5DD or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination will then be put to the Nominations Committee for consideration.