Ways to give

There are many ways to give a one-off or regular donation to York – to make a real difference to the lives of students at the University today. You can give:

  • online – use our secure Donate page 
  • by post – just print off a paper form
  • by phone – call +44 (0)1904 32 4391

Information for American donors

You can donate securely online in US Dollars using our US donation form .

Donations to the University of York in America are tax deductible and it is a 501(c)(3) organisation (EIN number: 30-0241333). We will send you a receipt for your donation for tax purposes.

Information for Canadian donors

Click the link to give online in British pounds.

The University of York has been granted Prescribed University Status with the Canada Revenue Agency and this enables alumni and friends in Canada to benefit from tax effective giving. For more information about this visit CRA website. We will provide the required tax receipt for your records.

Information for donors in Hong Kong

You can make a tax efficient gift through Hong Kong Foundation for Charities of which the University of York is a now a registered affiliate. As such it can issue receipts for approved charitable donations for the advancement of education.

Other giving options

  • Payroll giving (Give As You Earn)
    If your employer has a payroll giving scheme, you can donate directly from your pre-tax salary. This means that your gift will be worth even more to the University. Click Give As You Earn to find out more.
  • Employer matching
    Do you know if your employer has a matching gift scheme? If so, your charitable gifts to the University will be matched £ for £ by your employer. Ask your manager if a matching gift scheme is available and how it works. (You may need the University’s exempt charity number, which is U25967.)
  • Stocks and shares
    A double tax benefit is available for those who give quoted shares. You can set the full value of your gift against your income tax liability. (This is in addition to exemption from Capital Gains Tax on the disposal of shares.) For more information, go to the HMRC website.
  • Other property
    We are pleased to accept donations of property, whether they are simply gifted to the University or left in your will. Please contact us (details below) for more information.